Tuesday, March 13, 2012

By George, I Think I've Got It!

Okay, so remember when I said that I was going to drop out of college?

No?

Okay, you probably wouldn't remember because I was too depressed to write about it.

Long story, short:

I've missed a lot, I mean A LOT, of class this semester.  I haven't been feeling well at all. It is this suckish CHRONIC FATIGUE.  

I've been doing MOST of my work but at the same time, I can't always turn it in or get assignments because I am not in class and  sometimes too scared to communicate with my professors.

So, when I finally decided that I was going to attempt to go to class at least twice a week, it seemed pointless.

I hated my major:  Communication Studies.


Are we serious?


Studying communication?


And what type of job is that supposed to render?


Exactly.


I called my parents and told them that I was dropping out of college.  I understand that I would graduate in December but I felt like I was going to die if I kept going.  Literally, die.  Either by suicide or health related issues.

I love education.  Everything about it gives me life! In my dream life, I would have a bachelor degree in Elementary Education and my masters in Special Education.

Then it clicked.

I ONLY get one life and right now, mine sucks.

The 20s are supposed to be the highlight of your life and right now at this moment, my 20s have sucked.

  • horrible relationships [like dude i love gets two females pregnant]
  • sorority rejection [long story]
  • health issues [chronic]
So, I am taking control!

UGA has a Special Education program that is ONLINE!  

Sweet baby Jesus, it is online!

Which means, for those of you who cannot keep up with my random way of typing, that I can take my classes from the computer and not worry about physical attendance!

Now, I do understand that during this time I will have to recover and learn to live, work, cope and conquer this chronic illness. But it gives me the time to do so, stay on my parents insurance and get the degree that I want.  

So, in the mean time.  I am finishing up my incompletes from Spring 2011 and I am dropping this whole semester.  

Now, I would sincerely appreciate if Student Services would help me hardship withdrawal from this semester, since I am ill, but I am not above getting a full semester of F's.  

I don't need the stress. It literally makes me sick.

So... my lovely people, please pay attention because during this life I will conquer Crohn's.  Believe that!




No comments:

Post a Comment